In prior years I didn’t really shop at Bashas’, but last month I decided to make it one of my weekly stops to take advantage of the weekly deals. To my surprise, when I tried to redeem a 55 cent off manufacturer coupon, the Bashas’ register adjusted my coupon value to $1. Some grocery stores do this but I thought none of them around me did it anymore. Needless to say, I was very excited. So last night, while my husband watched his beloved Phoenix Suns play basketball (and our son play “choo-choos”), I took a 1/2 hour to grab a few items from Bashas’.
Here’s what I purchased:
- (1) head of romaine lettuce – $0.99
- (1) pack of blueberries – $0.88
- (1) red bell pepper – $1
- (1) yellow bell pepper – $1
- (1) orange bell pepper – $1
- (1) bunch of green onions – $0.50
- (1) cucumber – $0.50
- (2) pink grapefruits – $1.75
- (1) mini watermelon – $1.99 (I love when my 2 year old son tries to say “watermelon” and he made me cut this as soon as I got home!)
- (2) Palmolive dish soaps – $0.99/ea less (2) 50 cent manufacturer coupons adjusted to $1/ea = ($0.02)
- (2) Colgate toothpastes- $0.99/ea less (2) 50 cent manufacturer coupons adjusted to $1/ea = ($0.02)
Amount paid at Bashas’ was $11.82 and then I redeemed a MobiSave rebate for 10 cents on the toothpaste and 10 cents on the dish soap.
= Total spent $11.62
So I actually made 24 cents on getting the 2 tubes of toothpaste and 2 bottles of dish soap!
Also, the register printed (5) catalinas for $7.50 worth of Bashas’ store coupons which I can stack with sales and manufacturer coupons to save on my next shopping trip. Score!!!