I haven’t posted in awhile because I’ve been super busy prepping for our new baby girl who should be arriving tonight or tomorrow! It’s not that I haven’t been couponing (because I totally have been, quite obsessively actually) but I’ve just been too tired to write about my adventures. I’m growing a whole person, so I’ll cut myself some slack!
However, last night I ventured into new territory for me and I tried couponing at Dollar Tree so I thought I’d share about it. I’ll say it was a little disappointing because the deals I had read might be available online were mostly dead ends because the items were out of stock, but I was able to score a few good deals. (Note: The tortillas, Rotel, evaporated milk, and Taco sauce were items that my mom had requested so I picked those up even though I didn’t have coupons for them.)
FYI it’s my understanding that you cannot use more than (2) printed manufacturer coupons per person per day and also you can’t use more than (4) like coupons in one transaction.
Here’s what I purchased:
- (1) Sunday Issue of AZ Republic – normally $2 but only $1 at Dollar Tree!
- (1) Bag of Corn Tortillas – $1
- (2) Cans of Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilies – $2
- (1) Can of Carnation Evaporated Milk – $1
- (1) Packet of McCormick Taco Skillet Sauce – $1
- (1) Roll Bounty Basic Paper Towel – $1 less 25 cent manuf coupon = $0.75
- (2) Boxes of Curad Bandages – $2 less $1.50 Mobisave rebate = $0.50 or $0.25 ea
- (3) Boxes of Barilla Elbow Macaroni – $3 less $1 manuf coupon & less $0.10 Mobisave rebate = $1.90 or $0.63 ea
- (1) Box of Puffs Tissue – $1 less $0.25 manuf coupon = $0.75
- (1) Bottle of Palmolive Dish Soap- $1 less $0.25 manuf coupon = $0.75
- (1) Can of Mountain Dew KickStart – $1 less $0.75 Mobisave rebate = $0.25
And here is the breakdown of what I saved:
- Pre-tax total before manufacturer coupons = $15
- Discounts from coupons = $1.75
- Discounts from Mobisave rebates = $2.35
- Net Cost of all 15 items = $10.90 plus tax
Overall I’m glad I went because now I know what it’s like to coupon there. I probably won’t go there too often but I will for sure go there when I want to pick up a few extra papers on Sundays!
Disclosure: The links to Mobisave in this post are referral links.