After popping in to Sprouts for produce last night, I went just one block over to Bashas’ to pick up a few deeply discounted items. Here’s the breakdown from my Bashas’ trip last night:
- (3) bags of Ruffles @ $1.77/ea = $5.31 (I wouldn’t normally buy these, but it’s my son’s birthday party next weekend and I wanted some chips for snacks.)
- (3) packs of blueberries @ $0.88/ea = $2.64
- (1) pack of blackberries @ $0.88/ea = $0.88
- (2) pears – 0.84 lbs @ $0.87/lb = $0.73
- (1) pack of Sargento sliced cheese @ $2.47 less $1.00 coupon = $1.47
Total = $11.24 for (10) items
At non-sale prices, these items would have retailed for $33.76. By carefully selecting items on sale and using a coupon, I saved 67%.